VNet Water Management Solutions
VNet can help growers and their agronomic advisors increase the water use efficiency in their farming systems.
Whether you are looking for:
- Moisture monitoring hardware from John Deere
- VRI designs from Precision Cropping Technologies
- Decision support from VNet Precision Farming
We can help you get "more from every drop"
Soil Moisture Sensors
The primary function of Field Connect™ is to measure soil profile moisture using capacitance sensors (moisture probes) for managing irrigation scheduling or calculating water use efficiency of both crops abd fallows. Soil moisture probes are available in 50cm, 100cm and 150cm lengths.
Additional environmental sensors enable John Deere Field Connect to be used as an agronomic decision support tool by collecting a wide range of in-crop information.
• By utilizing the rain gauge attachment, users can get a field specific picture of the effect precipitation events are having on their soil moisture.
• In overhead irrigation installations, the rain gauge can be used to evaluate how much of the water is being lost to evaporation and other environmental factors.
• In rain grown crops and fallows, the Rain Gauge and other sensors enable accurate Water Use Efficiency modelling based on “in-field” values.
• The leaf wetness sensor imitates the characteristics of a leaf and is able to detect small amounts of water or ice.
• This enables producers to identify when moisture is likely to be present on the leaves of a crop in a specific field.
• The Leaf Wetness Sensor in combination with the other sensors will allow accurate disease modelling for increased efficacy of preventative fungicide
• Monitor site specific soil, air, and water temperatures through the use of the temperature probe attachment.
• Temperatures of the soil and air can indicate frost events, allowing validation of frost mitigation strategies (eg. overhead irrigation timing, row configuration & canopy temperature interactions, etc).
• Ability to measure soil and air temperature can increase efficacy of many chemical applications.
• The pyranometer provides solar radiation information.
• This information is a key component in evapotranspiration calculations, which can help producers to make irrigation scheduling decisions.
• Solar radiation may also be used to understand how periods of cloudy conditions impact plant growth and development.
• In addition, this information is useful in timing of fertilizer application in certain crops.
• The weather station collects air temperature, wind speed, wind direction, and humidity data.
• This data can be used in water management decisions through input to evapotranspiration calculations, as well as applied to settings for spray applications.
Precision Cropping Technologies PRO Probe Locate Software
Soil moisture sensors are recognised as a useful decision support tool for irrigation scheduling. However, ensuring that the probe is placed in the correct field location is critical to maximising both yield and water use efficiency. VNet Precision Farming can help you achieve this. The PCT PROProbe Locate tool is used to correctly place your moisture probe in both a majority soil type and also in areas that will not excessively pool or shed water. Multiple locations for optimal moisture probe placement are achieved by combining EM38 data (soil layer) and directional slope data (topography layer).
In fields with variable soil types, all too often irrigation scheduling is based on the field average. This results in waterlogging of some zones and moisture stress in others. Matching the irrigation water applied to the soil’s plant available water is achieved by creating an irrigation control program based primarily on an EM38 soil survey and associated zone soil test results. VNet can help you increase yields and reduce irrigation rates by creating a PCT Variable Rate Irrigation (VRI) design to control your overhead irrigation system. This technology can also allow prescription application of liquid fertiliser applied through the irrigation water. VRI designs can be created for any brand of pivot or linear irrigator, by either sector or zone.
|VRI Design by Sector|
|VRI Design by Zone|